10 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT ME
Some of you know me pretty well, and some of you don’t yet! I thought it would be fun to share 10 things that you might just not know about me! Here we go …
- I used to be a figure skater. I did personal skating as well as Precision (now called synchro) and my life WAS skating. Think 3 to 5 hours a day … on top of school and other home commitments. I was fit, and had no idea how lucky I was to have parents so committed to driving me all over the place while freezing their butts off in cold rink after cold rink
- When I was 13 we moved to the country, bought an acreage and purchased some horses. My life was irrevocably changed by this experience. Middle School and High School were an epic social struggle. But I found horses and the stable down the street. This turned into my after school and summer job as well as a full time hobby for years. Horses are beautiful animals who will teach you EVERYTHING you need to know about yourself.
- Keeping up with the activity part of this post, many of you may have figured out that I LOVE waterskiing (if you follow me on IG you will have seen this show up!) I love it so much that a girlfriend and I attended a waterski retreat in Florida in October where we took lessons twice a day for 5 full days! I’ve often joked that waterskiing is my church.
- Water is my place. I am a pisces through and through. When I need to feel balanced, calm or back on track – a lake or an ocean is sure to fix it, and a river can also fill in the gap nicely
- I am a lip stick / lip gloss / lip balm addict. I haven’t counted how many I own, but it’s easily over 50 … I mean – can you really have enough?
- I got married in 2002 to the love of my life. It’s hard to believe that we have been married over 15 years – but this man is my rock.
- I am desperately afraid of all bugs. All of them. Including things that perhaps aren’t considered bugs – like moths (what is with their creepy and huge furry bodies – so gross!) If you spend any time with me, you will probably need to kill one for me
- I wanted to be an Interior Designer. I took classes and was sure that was the track I wanted to be on. Color, pattern, aesthetic are all things I am immensely drawn to – and it was a happy accident that I ended up in fashion and coaching!
- I can sing – kind of! I’ve been told I have a good voice – and I really love karaoke – however I STILL get extremely nervous and have trouble making my voice not quiver when I go up in front of even the smallest group of people
- Reading books on self-improvement has become my favourite addiction! I have read maybe 100? I read them on audio book mostly, but the ones that I want to really resonate I make sure to read the physical copy.
Did any of these surprise you? Be sure to let me know if we have any in common!